Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Today's the Day

I've put it off long enough.  I haven't lost the weight.  The big day is closing in on me.  I need a dress. 
Today's the day...I shop for the mother-of-the-bride dress. 
And then I'll console myself with matching shoes.
I'll let you know how it goes.
In the meantime I have a fun card to share.
I love this Beautiful Blooms paper from PTI!  I paired it with white cardstock and a simple flower made using Marvy flower punches and Pure Poppy and Hawaiin Shores cardstock.  I added the sentiment from PTI's Year of Flowers:  Violets, a black button and white silk ribbon.  So easy (and fun!).   
Thanks for looking, and wish me luck!

10 comments:

  1. Cute card, Sue! Love that big flower with the button and bow! Good luck in your quest for the perfect dress! For my wedding, my mom looked and looked and finally found one at Herberger's - not sure if they have them where you are, but just remember to look in department stores too, not just specialty places!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It may have been easy, but it doesn't look it! I love that huge punch and will now have to keep my eyes open. :) Love the coordination here. Good job, Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic card!! I love the white and the huge flower!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous, simple yet gorgeous! Good luck finding a dress, I hate it when I "have" to get something because it always seems the look takes extra long. I am sure you will look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun; enjoy the hunt; keep picturing those matching shoes in your head!
    LOVE your card & that paper (that was sold out when I ordered)!!! Think that little disc of chartreuse really adds a pop to your flower/button embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy dress shopping!!! Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love that pp so bright and sunny. you put this card together perfectly!! dont you worry about that dress, you will look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun paper and that flower just pops off the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really pretty Sue!!! Good luck with the dress shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card! Love how you layered those flowers.

    ReplyDelete