Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Decadent Time of the Year!

I think I've said it here before that I don't know where this year has gone... and I can't believe Thanksgiving will be here next week!  I adore Thanksgiving...and in all honesty it's probably because I gave up being in charge of our family's Thanksgiving feast a few years ago.  But...that in no way means that I don't do more than a bit of Thanksgiving-ish cooking!  Truth be told I've enjoyed my fair share of fall food joy.   

My husband is an amazing gardener...and fall brings lots of acorn squash.  It makes my heart happy...and this is the way I love it most...roasted...


with just a bit of honey.  My inspiration for this recipe is from the The Skinnytaste Cookbook, and I've adapted it just a bit.

Roasted Acorn Squash
Wash 2 medium acorn squash.  Cut in half, and remove seeds and stringy membranes.  Rub each half with 1/4 teaspoon organic coconut oil.  Bake at 400 degrees, cut side up, until squash is soft enough to easily pierce with a fork.  Cool briefly...and add 1 teaspoon honey just before serving.


I love mine with  Red Chili Infused Honey...from SolBee...an amazing pairing of sweet and heat that is perfect with squash!

We typically have squash to share...and I think this would be an amazing Thanksgiving hostess or neighbor gift.  Garden grown acorn squash and honey...this time Cinnamon Infused Honey, because  not everyone likes the heat.  Together this squash and this honey is so sweet and delicious...and seriously, they would be a perfect, healthy dessert...and a true decadent dish...


just as it says on the tag!



As always...

1 comment:

  1. Love these colors and textures ... and I'm so intrigued by the honey flavor! Thanks for the lead on this product.

    ReplyDelete