Pages

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Happy Halloween

It's easy for me...as it is for many...to stay safely within our comfort zone.  That's me...in the studio.  I'm most comfortable working with certain colors, textures and embellishments.  But I think I've been in kind of a rut...needing to think outside the box a bit.  So...I decided to challenge myself...to do something out of that comfy place...and I started with color.

And here's what I came up with...


I LOVE the new 2015-2017 In Colors...but for the most part I didn't think they were very Halloween-ish...or fall-ish.  But...hmmm...I'm kinda thinking a bit differently about them now.

I started here...with Delightful Dijon...


...and as I added each color...one by one...each made perfect sense...in its own, special way.


And that comfy zone for color...well...it's gotten a bit bigger!

As always...

1 comment:

  1. Found your cards on Stampin Connection and thought they were just brilliant! I am still waiting for the spiderweb doilies to arrive, as I think there are so many possibilities for them, as you have clearly shown here! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous creations! You will have inspired many! Jennifer, Calgary, ALberta, Canada

    ReplyDelete