Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Papertrey Princesses Challenge - Nontraditional Colors

Good morning!  Sorry for the tardiness of my posting this challenge...and I don't have a real excuse...just that what I truly need to do in my life gets in the way of what I want to do sometimes...okay, times.   Either way, I hope you enjoy have fun with this!
There's been some discussion on the PTI forum about using nontraditional colors for Christmas cards and projects.  Typically, I'm a pretty traditional gal...but the discussion and some awesome PTI design team projects has gotten me trying to think outside the box...not to mention outside my comfort zone.  So...I thought it would be fun for this challenge to use some nontraditional colors for fall projects...and here's what I've come up.
First, a clean and simple card using a kraft base and a few die cuts in red, green and blue...the sentiment on a double ended banner...and a button as the finishing touch.
I just couldn't let the other leaves from the die cut go to waste...so I put together another card...off white base...red, blue and green leaves...a strip of brown with a woodgrain impression anchoring twine and a button...and a sentiment perfect for a friend I've been needing to keep in touch with. 
Thanks for stopping by, and have a super day!

13 comments:

  1. I love the spin you put on your fall card! The color choice looks great together! I will have to start thinking outside the box! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great challenge and cards, Sue! I love using up the leftover die cuts right away, too-- it always makes me feel so efficient!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a fab challenge and those colors are gorgeous! I am looking forward to playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun challenge - can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Love your cards - they're so bright and cheery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your non traditional fall color cards. They are very cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool. I really have enjoyed your colors. So refreshing. The blue is so lovely especially. What crafty food for thought. I can see a fair swag of fun blue leaves blowing my way. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you do wonderful work, Sue!! I look forward to all your new creations. I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sally Mangold said....
    Sue your Mom just told me about your blog. I sure do love your cards. They are so refreshing.
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those colors Sue! Hey, I stopped in to check out the new blog banner you told me about...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooh, I love the leaves!! Both cards are great, that color combo is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, and I forgot to say, I love your new header on your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your cards are lovely. I still need to catch up with this challenge.

    ReplyDelete