Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

Gift Giving #2...From the Big Box #2

Oh my goodness...I'm so getting into the holiday spirit...and I want to give a little something to just about everyone I see!  Nope...no "Bah Humbug!" from me this year...no hint of the Mr. Grinch.  Speaking of that guy, though, I'm looking forward to our annual Grinch night...watching the original "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and enjoying a Grinch float.  It's coming soon...and I can't wait.  But I digress.

I have something fun to share today...something that fits the gift giving rules (to the 'nth degree, I think) and begins with a fun find at the big box!

We drink TONS of hot chocolate in the winter...and while I usually make my own mix, I was thrilled when I came across a MEGA container at  my Sam's Club.  There's enough sweet goodness in one can to make almost 90 cups of chocolatey goodness...and super cheap, too, at less than $8!  I couldn't resist putting together some hot chocolate pouches to have on hand...each has mix for three cups of hot cocoa, mini marsmallows and a fun candy cane for crushing or stirring. 

Here's the single...

and here's the group shot.


So sorry about the photography...my lights don't work...my camera AND my computer are acting up.  They're actually very much brighter in real life.  Sigh.  Despite the goober photography I think this packaging is my absolute favorite of everything I've done this year...I so love it when what I'm imaging actually happens in my hands, and that's what happened here.  The pouch is October Afternoon's Silent Night paper cut using this Accucut die.  (I truly cannot make enough of these bags!)  Inside is a medium, flat cello with hot chocolate mix.  On the outside...a small, flat cello for the marshmallows...that I thought would be fun to actually use as part of the packaging...cause they're just so darned cute!  I used some Papertrey Ink ribbon to tie it all together and then added a fun Reverse Confetti tag.  Finally...a corduroy button (retired from SU!) that I've had in my stash forever.  I think the corduroy is perfect...all festive and wintery and just the right touch of texture...I knew I'd find the perfect use for them eventually.  

Thanks so much for stopping by today...I hope you're finding your own holiday spirit! 

1 comment: