Pages

Sunday, March 29, 2015

You Crack Me Up!

I so loved the bright, fun colors from my post-it note project...so I couldn't resist using them again.    These little fry boxes are perfect...so sweet for any occasion...and just the right size for a fun Easter treat.


A new to me item....is the Darling Doily Thinlits Die.  I've been a bit slow to catch up to the technique of using partial doilies...and the Tea Lace Paper Doilies are adorable for that (as they are in white or when colored) ...but I wanted to see if I could get the same look with Darling Doily cut in card stock.  It does...and I love it!

A bit of crinkled card stock...and of course, some chocolate...and they're ready!  So easy...and so fun!

Technique Tips:
  • Card stock is thicker than typical doily paper...so give your Darling Doily die cut a softer look by using your bone folder to break up the fibers a bit. 
  • Heat embossing can add fun color to more than just paper!  On this project I embossed a couple of  Pearl Basic Jewels Embellishments with Pool Party Stampin' Emboss Powder to bring in another bit of Pool Party blue.   
  • Many of the Thinlits dies include super fun accessory dies.  Here, I used the double ended flag die from the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies...perfect for the images I wanted to use!
As always...check out the project supply list below, and...




Non Stampin' Up! Supplies:  Accucut Jumbo French Fry Box Die

No comments:

Post a Comment