Pages

Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop - Jar of Haunts


Hello...and welcome to the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design Team Blog Hop!  I'm so happy you're here!  For our first October hop we've been challenged to use the Jar of Haunts stamp set...and I'm super excited to share a pair of fun cards with you.  And bonus...they fit right in as Day 7 of my 13 Days of Halloween series, too!  Love it when things work out like that!


 I also love it when things that "reminds me of..." work out just the way I imagine them.  Hmmm...what?  What are "reminds me of..."?  Well...it's like this.  I am inspired...in some way...by just about everything I see...and I often find that something reminds me of something else. Like the jars in these cards.  They're actually die cut from one of the cards in the All Year Long Project Life Card Collection that reminded me of a spider web.


And then...I was cleaning my work space, and I found two sequins attached to a bit of Black Metallic Thread...and it reminded of a spider...and the Very Vanilla Thick Baker's Twine has always reminded me of a web. And so...I put it all together for these cards.



Finally...I used the "Grinch" eyes image in the Jar of Haunts stamp set to create a fun background paper for the cards...and a couple of patterned cards in Delightful Dijon from the All Year Long Project Life Card Collection set the tone for a bit an unusual color palette.  


All in all...they remind me of something I like!

Thank you for hopping along with the Stampin' Up! Artisan Design team and the Jar of Haunts stamp set.  If you're following in order you've just come from the talented Steffi...and I know you don't want to miss what Susan has on the next stop.  It's sure to be fabulous!

http://stampingsusan.blogspot.com/2016/10/artisan-oct-1.html

Oh...and don't forget to stop back tomorrow for 13 Days of Halloween Day 8!

 As always...


No comments:

Post a Comment