Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

There's No Place Like Home!

There's much to share today, and I'm going to get right to it!  I've taken the plunge and become a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator...and I couldn't be more EXCITED!  I feel like I've come home... home to the root of my paper crafting love...and it feels wonderful!  There are details that I haven't had a chance to get to yet, but I truly just couldn't hold it in any more. I am soooo EXCITED...have I said that yet?

As I become more familiar with my new role as a Demonstrator, the rest of life tends to keep moving right along.  A dear friend is dealing with a new health challenge, and I wanted to pick up a small token of my appreciation for her and for her friendship.  She's also the person who introduced me to paper crafting and to Stampin' Up! 10 years ago...so of course, I had to dress up this little gift. 

 One of my favorite stamp sets from this year's Occasions Catalog is Perfect Pennants.  They're so incredibly versatile, and paired with the Banners Framelits Dies...well, it's just about heaven on earth!  I used Versamark ink and clear embossing powder to add the polka dots and the sentiment, and then added some texture with the Scallops Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (also new in the Occasions Catalog).  The flower was created quite simply with Circle Punches, while the Gumball Green leaves are from the Bird Builder Punch.  The Crisp Cantaloupe flower's center is adorned with a large pearl. 
 
As you can see in this closer look, the banner/tag is attached to the bottle with linen thread, and everything's finished off with a sweet bit of Primrose Petals ribbon.  I think she'll love it!

Thanks for stampin' by...

No comments:

Post a Comment